From: ESOL-Research discussion forum and message board [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Dominic Clarke [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 12 July 2015 09:07
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Advice on teaching Congolese elders

Hello everyone

Over the Summer I will be teaching a group of
Congolese elders, the typical age of these students
being 75. I have attached a class profile from their
term-time tutor   which
gives useful information on the students and the
challenges they face in relation to learning. I would
be interested to hear your views and advice regarding
this. I have been advised that they want plenty of S&L
and that health would be a useful topic for them.

Regards

Dominic
*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]

The British Council is the United Kingdom's international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. A registered charity: 209131 (England and Wales) SC037733 (Scotland).
This message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it.
The British Council accepts no liability for loss or damage caused by viruses and other malware and you are advised to carry out a virus and malware check on any attachments contained in this message.