Dear all

Gender, Place and Culture: A Journal of Feminist Geography is seeking to appoint a social media co-ordinator

Gender, Place and Culture, published by Taylor and Francis, is a well-established geography journal with an international circulation in its field. The current editorial team includes Peter Hopkins, Lynda Johnston, Avril Maddrell and Pamela Moss. From 2015, the journal is publishing 10 issues per year.

We are looking to appoint a social media co-ordinator to join our editorial team. The person appointed will start as soon as possible and will initially serve for three years.

Candidates should have a broad knowledge of, and engagement with, the field of feminist geography and of women's and gender studies, and have experience in the use of different forms of social media. Our preference is for people who have creative plans for advancing the aims of the journal via social media and other online contexts. Part of the first year will be designing the social media promotion strategy.

Applications should consist of a one-page letter detailing the candidate's social media and IT skills and experience, and their vision and ambitions for promoting the journal on social media, plus a CV. Nominations of suitable persons are also being solicited.

Closing date for applications is 14th August 2015. Further information about the role can be obtained from Peter Hopkins. Nominations and applications should be sent to Peter Hopkins ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)

Details about the journal can be found at http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/cgpc .

Best
Peter
********
Peter Hopkins
Professor of Social Geography
School of Geography, Politics and Sociology
Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne
England, UK  NE1 7RU
(0191) 208 3924  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Managing Editor, Gender, Place and Culture<http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/cgpc20/current>