Hi all,

Just a quick note- there are three physical geography lectureships currently being advertised at the University of Glasgow.

I know physical geography jobs don't generally get advertised on this list- but we are keen to have applications form environmental geographers... do feel free to forward on to anyone who you think may be interested.

Cheers

Dave

http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/ALQ866/senior-lecturer-in-physical-geography/

http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/ALQ858/lecturer-in-physical-geography/

The University of Glasgow seeks applications for the above academic posts from outstanding candidates to deliver internationally excellent research and teaching. We expect the successful candidates to contribute to teaching at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level, and to participate in School administration. The post offers opportunities to research and teach with our joint Graduate School in Nankai, China.

You will have research experience in one or more of the following areas: Environmental Geography, Environmental Chemistry, Environmental Sustainability, Coastal Processes and management, Hazards – risks, response and resilience as well as experience of successful teaching, tutoring or demonstrating Geography at undergraduate or postgraduate level.

For appointment at Senior Lecturer, applicants must evidence an excellent research reputation of international standing, evidenced by a track record of publications of international quality including grants and contracts.

The successful candidate will have ability, drive and organisational skills to secure research grant funding, lead a research team and further develop an international research profile. In addition, you will have demonstrated ability to teach quantitative aspects of Physical Geography effectively at undergraduate and/or taught postgraduate level.

Informal enquiries can be made to:

Martin Lee, head of school: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Jim Hansom  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Susan Waldron [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>