Thanks to all who suggested remedies. I omitted to say that the models are also (i) on different origins, and (ii) they are all helix fragments – which means SSM based superpositions are degenerate because helix look like helix look like helix…..

The CCP4i program ‘symmetry match models’ aka csymmatch in win crashed

with a normal input after reading the SGs and cells

“The program run with command: csymmatch -stdin

has failed with error message

child killed: segmentation violation”

I guess ‘child killed’ means aborted….

Phenix did not do all parts but good start – can probably be scripted too

In short, I ended up doing it by hand in coot with a ‘self-assembled’ symm + origin operator.

Thx!

BR