Hi Dilip,

More information is needed regarding the crystallization condition(s). Anyway, Mg2+ ions are always (most of the time) are surrounded by water molecules in their primary hydration sphere...(typical distance should be 2.2 A, if I remember correctly)...and the typical geometry would be octahedral (could be distorted sometime)...or very rarely tetrahedral (we found once..)..Try fitting Mg2+ along with waters...keeping the proper metal water distances and the coordination geometry...and then refine..Good luck...!!!

HTH
Sudipta.