Dear Almuda,

I am afraid you misunderstood what I and others tried to tell you, so I will try to clarify it somewhat more:

-There is no need to generate a new map if you already have a nice one.

-A map is not generated at a certain sigma level, it is a collection of numbers specifying the value of the electron density at certain positions in the unit cell.

-For contouring you need to specify a certain level, at which level the graphic program will draw its net.

-This level is often specified as sigma, and here is where the difficulty gets in: Coot and Pymol will determine themselves what the sigma level of the map is, but apparently, they do it differently, so the same map, contoured at say 1.5 sigma, will look differently in Pymol and in Coot. It would be good if somebody (the developers?) could look into this.

What I do is to generate in Pymol a number of levels and select the one which gives the (in my eyes) best picture.

If you wish, I could send you the commands.

Best,

Herman