You may have seen archivists on television helping people to discover their roots in old records or talking to historians (or detectives!). But you might be wondering what archivists do the rest of the day. Even if you visit an archives – and we hope you will – a lot of what we do goes on behind the scenes.

In this post, we’ll give you a sneak peek into the daily tasks of the archivist. It’s important for you to know what we do because the materials we preserve for the future belong to everyone. These records don’t just tell us where we came from; they also contain evidence used to make current decisions that will affect our lives now and in the future.

http://bit.ly/1fJtBtA
http://bit.ly/1fJtBtA+

--
Peterk