Bedford BC - OFFICIAL-Unsecure

Dear list members,

I am about to draft an agreement describing a joint data controller arrangement with one of our depositors. I wondered if any other services had created such a document? I’ve found a number of examples of Data Sharing agreements, but these seem to refer to sharing data held within current records, which does not really cover this situation. In this instance, records containing information protected by the Data Protection Act are held by our service but the depositors would like to retain full rights of access, as well as having the power to grant access to others. No agreement was made at the point of deposit which was some time ago, and so we are now having to create this agreement.

I would be grateful if any organisation who has experience of creating such an agreement would mind sharing theirs, or point me towards any templates for such documents.

Thank you in advance,

Alexandra Healey

Archivist

Bedfordshire & Luton Archives & Records Service

“Confidentiality: The information contained in this e-mail and any attachment may be confidential and may contain legally privileged information. It is intended only for the use of the named recipient. If you are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately and delete it from your system. In such an event, you should not disclose the contents of this e-mail to any other person, or print it.”