As some of you may know, the IPTC added a number of fields in its 2014 update to describe artwork and objects in the image (AO fields) .  (IPTC 2014 Photo Metadata Standard).

https://iptc.org/standards/photo-metadata/iptc-standard/

We have added the following fields for artworks and objects: Creator ID, Circa Date Created, Style Period, Contribution Description, Physical Description, Content Description, Source Inventory ID, Current Copyright Owner Name, Current Copyright Owner ID, Current Licensor Name, Current Licensor ID.

We want people to be able to use the fields, so Greg Reser has created a floating panel for use in Bridge which includes commonly used image fields and the full set of AO fields.

Note that the panel enables you to concatenate artwork and object data into the image Description field, where it can be read at system level on image preview information. Very useful!

The panel can be downloaded from the following places

Electric Lane

http://www.electriclane.co.uk/news/0inodsztu.html

VRA (panel and test image)

http://metadatadeluxe.pbworks.com/w/page/96879435/IPTC CH

If you download it, we’d love you to test the panel for us. We’d be very grateful if you could fill out this questionnaire.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1GwQeSvPAEk07b1WdNZfAitV1VVQmK8m8XoeTFxVq4zE/viewform

I have found the panel very useful in my own work.

Our next step is to create a more granular panel as part of the SCREM project which will include even more fields useful to photographers.

Have fun!

Sarah