PROGRAMME RELEASED AND REGISTRATION NOW OPEN

What: Discovering Collections, Discovering Communities: Exploring new digital destinations for heritage and academia
When: 12th-14th October 2015
Where: The Lowry, Pier 8, Salford Quays, Manchester, M50 3AZ
Cost: There is no conference fee (charges apply to the evening receptions)

Full programme: www.rluk.ac.uk/dcdc15-programme

Registration: http://www.rluk.ac.uk/dcdc15/#registration

The National Archives and Research Libraries UK are delighted to announce that registration is now open for this year’s collaborative conference, Discovering Collections, Discovering Communities: Exploring new digital destinations for heritage and academia.

This year’s conference brings together over 70 speakers from across the UK, Europe and further afield to explore key questions facing the future of digital engagement. In what ways can we ensure that digital engagement is truly ‘engaging’? What is the relationship between online ‘hits’ and actual footfall? How can we better capture the meaningful ‘impact’ of engagement via digital means? And during a time of austerity, how can all sectors make the case for innovative digital engagement, not as an indulgent luxury, but as a necessity to preserve the broader relevance and wider-recognition of collections? These are just some of the questions the conference’s 12 panels, 6 workshops, and 4 keynote speakers will be looking to address.

We are delighted to announce the support of The Wellcome Library as headline sponsor for this year’s conference, and for The British Library and Jisc as supporting sponsors.

We are also pleased to announce our four keynote speakers, drawn from across the heritage, cultural and academic sectors will be:

•	Simon Chaplin, Director of Culture and Society, The Wellcome Trust
•	Simon Tanner, Director of Digital Consulting, Kings College London
•	Valerie Johnson, Interim Director of Research and Collections, The National Archives
•	Chris Michaels, Head of Digital and Publishing, The British Museum

So please join us for what will be a fascinating two and a half-days of discussion, debate and networking.

Best,

Matt

Dr Matt Greenhall | Engagement Manager | Archive Sector Development |
The National Archives, Kew, Richmond, Surrey TW9 4DU | +44 (0)20 8876 3444 ext 2221 | 07879890156
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/archives-sector/

In order to leave the group, visit www.jiscmail.ac.uk/university-museums-group-uk enter Join or leave list (or change settings) and press the delete button.