Testbed Support for GridPP member institutes [mailto:TB-
> [log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Alessandra Forti said:
> this multi-purpose is why we have a problem IMO. Several fields are used
> for different purposes with a slightly different intention. For example
> HS06/KSIsk is there for accounting reasons and have a correct global
> value for the CE (there is a constraint on this) and it kind of make
> sense to be an average but if used for brokerage it should really by the
> minimum value at a site, not to count that we had to add HS06 together
> with the fairshares per experiment in a capability field while KSI2k
> have their own field. Same goes for memory and queues time limits which
> for brokerage should be a minimum but to pass the parameters to the
> batch system should be a max. These are two examples, I bet that if
> other fields were more used similar problems would come out.

That's largely a GLUE 1 problem. It's certainly true that the accounting uses were forced into the schema in an ugly way and that's part of why we wanted GLUE 2 to be more flexible. The current GLUE 2 publication is bootstrapped from the GLUE 1 configuration so probably some of those problems still exist there, but the uses could be separated if anyone was interested in doing it. For example, GLUE 2 has a standalone Benchmark object with a type and a value, so you could publish different things for different uses distinguished by the type.

Stephen