Hi,

but wasn't the question whether uncorrected *cluster-level* p-values can
be higher than corrected cluster-level ones? I think the culprit here
may be in the ROI/SVC approach, which may mess with the smoothness
estimation, depending on how it is done. Perhaps you, Sara, could
provide some more details about how you set up your analyses?

Cheers
Marko

MCLAREN, Donald wrote:
> Yes. The cluster statistics are always weaker than the individual voxel
> significance. I prefer to look at the cluster significance as I don't
> believe that the brain would only have differential
> activity/connectivity/volume/etc. in a single isolated voxel.
>
> Best Regards, Donald McLaren
> =================
> D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.
> Research Fellow, Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital and
> Harvard Medical School
> Postdoctoral Research Fellow, GRECC, Bedford VA
> Website: http://www.martinos.org/~mclaren
> Office: (773) 406-2464
> =====================
> This e-mail contains CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION which may contain PROTECTED
> HEALTHCARE INFORMATION and may also be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED and which is
> intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the
> reader of the e-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent
> responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby
> notified that you are in possession of confidential and privileged
> information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or the taking of any
> prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail
> unintentionally, please immediately notify the sender via telephone at (773)
> 406-2464 or email.
>
> On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 7:03 AM, Sara Garofalo <[log in to unmask]
> <mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     I have some (supposedly) strange results regarding an ROI analysis
>     using small volume correction. When looking at cluster-level
>     statistics the _uncorrected_ p-value is _not significant_ (e.g.,
>     p=.12), while the FEW _corrected_ p-value is _significant_ (e.g.,
>     p=.001). Does that make any sense?
>
>     Is it more correct to only look at peak-level statistics?
>
>     Many many thanks,
>
>     Sara

PD Dr. med. Marko Wilke
  Facharzt für Kinder- und Jugendmedizin
  Leiter, Experimentelle Pädiatrische Neurobildgebung
  Universitäts-Kinderklinik
  Abt. III (Neuropädiatrie)

Marko Wilke, MD, PhD
  Pediatrician
  Head, Experimental Pediatric Neuroimaging
  University Children's Hospital
  Dept. III (Pediatric Neurology)

Hoppe-Seyler-Str. 1
  D - 72076 Tübingen, Germany