Thanks a lot Marko!

Tom,

I would expect that if, generally speaking, the LST toolbox is aimed at finding white matter hyperintensities in FLAIR images in multiple sclerosis, it will also be able to detect them if subjects come from another population. An approach that will give you more interative control over what is segmented would be our clusterize toolbox (see our website for details). Ultimately, it will come down to simply trying, which is what I would suggest :)

Cheers
Marko

tom parker wrote:
Dear Christian and SPMers,

I need to obtain the volumes of white matter lesions in alzheimer's
patients and other neurodegenerative disorders.

I thought of using the Lesion Segmentation Tool (LST) but on the website
it says it's for Multiple sclerosis lesions.

Can LST be used for other diseases?

If it cannot, could you recommend another toolbox that automatically
segments white matter lesions from FLAIR images?

Thank you so much.

PD Dr. med. Marko Wilke
 Facharzt für Kinder- und Jugendmedizin
 Leiter, Experimentelle Pädiatrische Neurobildgebung
 Universitäts-Kinderklinik
 Abt. III (Neuropädiatrie)

Marko Wilke, MD, PhD
 Pediatrician
 Head, Experimental Pediatric Neuroimaging
 University Children's Hospital
 Dept. III (Pediatric Neurology)

Hoppe-Seyler-Str. 1
 D - 72076 Tübingen, Germany