Dear SPM users,

I am a novice user of SPM8. My doubts might be very basic, so please bare with the stupidity of my doubts.

I am analyzing the fMRI data for different subjects individually( single session only ). To pre-process the data I am using SPM8 and following the example given in SPM8 manual and I have few doubts there.

1. I want to map my data to some standard Template(I chose MNI-ICBM 152 Linear) and for that I'm using Coregister(ESTIMATE) method firstly with mean functional image(as reference) and MNI template(as source) and secondly with mean functional image(as reference) and structural image(as source). Am I doing it correctly? I have a doubt here because as far as I think changing the orientation of MNI with respect to mean image is not similar as vice-verse. And I am not keeping the mean image as source because that will change the orientation of mean image with respect to other images. If I am correct here then how should I proceed?

2. For normalisation I am using the parameter file generated by Segment method. From what I read in the manual Normalise method also orients data into some standard space defined by templates. In my case is this similar to what coregister will do with the data? If yes, then if instead of using parameter file generated by segment method, I use the above mentioned standard template(MNI-152) for normalization, will it affect my analysis?

Thanks,
Mohit