Thanks Donald.

Ah! I thought the contrast is the effect size or at least maybe some papers
refer to it. It is also mentioned in this link :
http://www.fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk/spm/doc/manual/results.htm

You mentioned that it does plot the amplitude. So I am confused now between
the contrast estimate, effect size and the amplitude ? What do them mean
and represent?

Also from a practical point of view, If I enter the SPMT_0001.nii (or the t
value maps) in imcalc and use this expression to calculate:

 The effect size = (i1*2)/(sqrt(degree of freedom-1))

Then If I want to calculate the standard error I would enter both the t map
and the con image and use the following expression : i1/i2

Are these practical steps correct to reach and calculate a map of the
effect size and the standard error?

Many thanks

Aser