Hi Helmut -  thanks for your response.

Yes, the data has already been realigned and normalized (as well as low
pass filtered) within FSL. And I have the motion realignment parameters -
which are stored in a .par file (which is basically a .txt file). The
format looks the same (ie 6 columns = 6 regressors, 700 rows = 700 time
points in the ts) between SPM and FSL. I don't plan on doing any additional
preprocessing within SPM or FSL.

I think that I can just input the normalized and realigned 4D functional
.nii file to SPM and start the first-level analysis.

Thanks,
Joelle