A regressor is defined as a column in your design matrix. Even if you
didn't add a "regressor" when you created the model, specifying events and
PMs will create regressors. In your experiment, you should have a design
matrix with 3 regressors/columns:
(1) Task Effect (task convolved with HRF)
(2) PM for the task (task*behavioral modulator convolved with HRF)
(3) Constant term.

If you don't have 3 columns, then there is more to your experiment and more
information is needed. The rules for generating contrasts is as follows and
are generalizable to any design.

Now, start with the null hypothesis, then build the contrast from there.

Ho: Task>0
Task=0
Find the columns for the task, assign it a weight of 1, all other columns
0. This is based on the coefficients of the equation generated from the
null hypothesis.
CONTRAST: [1 0 0]

Ho: PM>0
PM=0
Find the columns for the PM, assign it a weight of 1, all other columns 0.
This is based on the coefficients of the equation generated from the null
hypothesis.
CONTRAST: [0 1 0]

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.