Five comments.
1: "Audience interaction would be nice but is not mission critical" seems to me to be saying "audience learning is not mission critical".
2: Such systems also make it very scary to use images or video clips, re copyright.
3: I for one am much more boring when I know everything is being recorded. (Don't reply "only then?").
4: My impression remains that very few people actually use the captured recordings. I've yet to have feedback mentioning 'saw it on your recorded lecture'.
5: I'm a bit elderly!

Sent from my mobile
Prof Phil Race
Http://phil-race.co.uk