From: Staff Development Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Neil Walford
Sent: 04 June 2015 17:18
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SDF] Request: Provider for inhouse training on Blog writing

Dear colleagues

we are looking for someone to deliver a workshop in central london on effective blog writing - outline below. Any recommendations woudl be much appreciated

thanks

1.       Blog writing

Some team members have been on an external blog course but it would be great to get someone in to do a session on blog writing for a few team members and also to particularly focus on some of the areas we cover – research/science, events, education, fundraising.

The types of topics we would like to cover on the course are:

·      Blog content ideas and strategies

·      Effective writing styles for blogging, finding your voice

·      Social media integration, managing comments

·      Search Engine Optimisation considerations

·      Ways to increase blog traffic

All our blogs are on our website: http://www.icr.ac.uk/blogs

A couple of recent examples:

http://www.icr.ac.uk/blogs/science-talk-the-icr-blog/page-details/illuminating-insights-and-innovative-ideas-at-the-world-s-largest-cancer-conference

http://www.icr.ac.uk/blogs/science-talk-the-icr-blog/page-details/why-infection-may-cause-childhood-leukaemia-and-prevent-it

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only. If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer and network.