Job Advertisement: Closing Date 30th June 2015

The Astrophysics Group at the University of Exeter wishes to recruit an
ambitious, highly qualified Associate Research Fellow to work with Prof.
Stefan Kraus on observational studies related to protoplanetary disc
structure and planet formation. This post is available as early as
August 2015, but we will also consider candidates that aim to start at a
later date (up to June 2016). The appointment will be for a fixed term
period of 4 years, with a 12-month probationary period.

The successful candidate will work in the context of a European Research
Council project that will conduct instrumentation \& methodological work
in infrared interferometry in order to enable breakthrough results in
imaging time-variable, planet-induced structures in the inner-most AU of
protoplanetary discs. The work will centre on conducting the
observations, combining them with complementary data, and interpreting
them with the latest physical models. We are particularly interested in
applicants with expertise in radiative transfer modelling of complex
multi-wavelength data sets or in high-angular imaging techniques (e.g.
ALMA, VLTI, adaptive optics). Prior experience with the technique of
interferometry is not required, but would be an asset. The post offers
opportunities to work with our US collaborators and includes funding for
computing equipment and travel as well as guaranteed access to the
Exeter supercomputing facilities.

Contact for further enquiries: Prof. Stefan Kraus, email: [log in to unmask]

Deadline: June 30, 2015

Application website: https://goo.gl/FCYDwm  (alternatively, visit
https://jobs.exeter.ac.uk and search for the job reference number P48614
in the keywords field)

The Royal Astronomical Society Job List is provided free-of-charge through the JISC Mail Service. Although every effort is made to ensure accuracy, the RAS cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy or validity, either directly or by implication, of job advertisements or other information posted to this list. For more information about the Royal Astronomical Society visit the website at www.ras.org.uk.

Royal Astronomical Society, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London W1J 0BQ, UK, tel. +44 (0)20 7734 3308, fax. +44 (0)20 7494 0166, www.ras.org.uk