Just a quick thought,
I would say that local communities in at risk areas along with
responsible tourism operators promoting community led/oriented
sustainable / responsible long term tourism development can be of great
benefit to at risk communities, as increased media interest in the
areas/communities can highlight vulnerabilities in advance of disasters,
and also income generated can be investedin DDR measures in those same
communities moving forward before and after disasters..
BR
Paul B