Yes, all that stuff about theatre in Mansfield Park. I learned what to say
sufficiently to pass as a lit crit altar boy; but never empathised

and there's an oddity for me in Trolopppe (can never remember if it's one
or 2 ps, so I have added them together) in Mr Scarborough I think where to
be declared illegitimate changes everything - there almost a litany of
authorial voice sins given as a consequence

I'm not sure that differences arise the further we are away in time; but it
cuts in quickly. I'd be lost in the world of my own youth - they do things
differently there