Has anyone encountered their students (or staff!) using this sort of thing? Seems there are a few options out there. In the one shown below you simply enter your title, the software collates relevant online material, you select the paragraphs you want, and in what order, an instant thesaurus function lets you change a whole load of the words to synonyms (presumably to evade originality detection software?), then you can manually edit if you want, automatically generate your bibliography and, voila, you're done(!).

It is a freemium service, in which payment of an increasing fee gives access to more of the collated information (there may be other things - I did not pay to find out).

I would guess that (a) this sort of service may be used by some ghostwriters, is (b) only going to get more sophisticated and (c) will contribute further to the death of the coursework essay as an assessment format?

http://www.essaywritingsoft.com/index.html

Phil