Dear M.P.,

It sounds like a wonderful and comprehensive course. Congratulations, and
please feel free to use any of the papers I've written about design thinking
if you think they might help.

Warm wishes,

Jerry

On 6/30/15, 11:23 AM, "Ranjan MP" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear colleagues on the PhD-Design list
>
> I am seeking your suggestions for books and papers that could form a core
> reading list for students as well as faculty from nine colleges of Ahmedabad
> University who will be taking my new course which I have outlined very briefly
> below. I would appreciate if list members can suggest papers and books under
> each of the nine modules listed below in my note. This is a semester long
> course of fifteen weeks each with sessions of three hours per week.
>
> In case you have pdf files of these papers do share these off list for our
> use.
>
> Summary of the proposed course
> Design Thinking inside the University. Elective across multiple disciplines of
> the university. Each module is of three hours each. 9 thematic modules are
> interspaced by 3 thematic guest lectures culminating in a 3 week project and
> an evaluation session, in all a total of 15 three-hour sessions with
> off-studio assignments and reading & reflection tasks.
>
> Students and faculty participants will come from the colleges of management,
> commerce, science, engineering, humanities, heritage conservation, life
> sciences, and computer applications.
>
> Module 1: History, Overview, Introduction
> Module 2: Design Education, Design Representation, Design Skills
> Module 3: Understanding Context, Empathy, Early Stage Strategies
> Module 4: Design Process, Tools & Methods, Analysis and Insights
> Module 5: Story Telling, Story Boards, Scenarios, Models, Maps, Mockups
> Module 6: Design Opportunities, Creative Exploration, System & Structure
> Module 7: Ethics in Design, Trends, Regulations, Policies, Perspectives
> Module 8: Copyright, Patents, Intellectual Property, CoCreation, Open Source
> Module 9: Design Synthesis, Value Harvesting, Business Models, Services
>
> Lecture to clarify concepts, vocabulary, and introduce thought leaders for
> further reading.
>
> List of key reading resources in each module including books and critical
> papers.
>
> Panel discussion with participation from multi-disciplinary faculty teams from
> the various colleges in the university.
>
> Individual and group assignments to explore each of the key concepts
> introduced in the modules through making, modelling, games, crash assignments,
> charettes and concept exploration and collages.
>
> Three guest lectures to share case studies from services, industry and
> communication sectors offered after modules three, five and seven.
>
> Final micro project of three week duration dealing with a local problem or
> opportunity that is chosen by the student and endorsed by two of the faculty
> out of a team of ten.
>
> Evaluation and presentation of projects and written submissions. Jury review
> of projects and group sharing sessions.
>
> Feedback on course module by participants.
>
> End of summary
>
> I look forward to your inputs. A list of thought leaders in each of these
> [...]

Jerry Diethelm
Architect - Landscape Architect
Planning & Urban Design Consultant

    Prof. Emeritus of Landscape Architecture
           and Community Service € University of Oregon
    2652 Agate St., Eugene, OR 97403
    €   e-mail: [log in to unmask]
    €   web: http://pages.uoregon.edu/diethelm/
    €   https://oregon.academia.edu/JerryDiethelm

    €   541-686-0585 home/work 541-346-1441 UO
    €   541-206-2947 work/cell