Dear Cameron,

Apologies for delay in my reply. Many thanks for the links and information. These are relevant.

I have read Belk’s papers. He presents important conceptual views on sharing. But I also find some problems in how he differentiates ‘True Sharing’ from ‘Pseudo Sharing’ based on concepts of: (a) ownership (shared ownership vs others modes of ownership), (b) role of money (monetary as exchange vs non-monetary as sharing), and (c) reciprocity (sharing as non-reciprocal while other exchanges being reciprocal). Belk’s categorisation seems too strict and creates rigid boundaries in differentiating ‘sharing’ from ‘gifting’ and ‘commodity exchange’. I wonder what are your views on differentiating ‘sharing’ from what is not sharing.

Regards,
Abhigyan