Hi Fil, Don, Peter, Ken, Jean and all

On 01-Jun-2015, at 9:14 am, Ken Friedman <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
To my knowledge, Stone never suggested that all universities, professors, and academic publishers lie. What he said was “All governments are run by liars . . . ” (MacPherson 2008, 2015). There is a difference between these two statements.

No-one is suggesting 'all universities, professors, and academic publishers lie’, and certainly not that IF Stone said this. I used the term ‘In the tradition of I.F. Stone’ to reference the position of leading investigative journalists of the present and recent past, who have been inspired by and built on IF Stone’s work, Glenn Greenwald, Jeremy Scahill etc. Their position is one of skepticism of the words of the powerful, and in their own words, they have expanded IF Stone’s statement to include many more power structures than he originally did (see Legacy of IF Stone<https://vimeo.com/123974841> if you would like to hear it from the horse’s mouth).