Hi all,

A colleague has asked me a question I couldn't answer, and she & I both
have reason to believe it relates to design research.  A preliminary search
didn't really help much so I thought I'd ask the community here.

Because there's a bit of sensitive info in the actual case, I'll generalize
enough to eliminate that.

There is a certain process P that measures some features of certain
products and is used to determine whether certain users can safely use the
products.

Process P has been found wanting on various fronts.

There are two alternative process models, neither of which has been
implemented yet.
The task is to perform some kind of evaluation of the two alternative
process models - given available background information about the specific
situation.

The problem: We don't know what "keywords" to use to find any existing
literature on this kind of evaluation task ("comparative evaluation of
process models" gave us a few leads, but we're not sure we're using the
right keywords still).

Can anyone offer us any advice?

\V/_  /fas

*Prof. Filippo A. Salustri, Ph.D., P.Eng.*
Email: [log in to unmask]
http://deseng.ryerson.ca/~fil/