Hi Nic
If they are caring for patients in their homes then it is direct patient
care. The providers have to meet standards if they are providing the care
for the NHS and the requirements are for more frequent testing than in the
NHS. We have had elderly patient's with VzV - a risk to the patient and the
carer. You should also consider what the management will be if they get an
NSI in the patient's home (diabetic needle etc).
Jean