Hello,

I am relatively new to mne python and am running into some trouble on warping from individual subjects to fsaverage. Here is my call to mne.morph_data:

mne.morph_data(subject_from,subject_to,stc_from,grade=4,smooth=None,subjects_dir=subjects_dir,buffersize=64,n_jobs=1,verbose=None)

subject_from = path to subject dir
subject_to = path to fsaverage dir
stc from = path to stc file produced from 'apply_raw_inverse'

When I run this script I get the following error:

ValueError: Morphing is only possible with surface source estimates

I'm assuming I am using the wrong input for stc_from since 'apply_raw_inverse' gives you th lh and rh stc files. Typically with the old MNE I would average after running mne_do_inverse_operator and prior to source projection with mne_compute_raw_inverse. Could you please shed some light on this error, as well as the general flow of mne python commands I should be using?

Thank you!

Scott