Hello. I'm new member - Petra Pristavec and I'm coming from Slovenia. I'm a
student University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Health Sciences, Midwifery
department.
I'm writing a diploma thesis with title Gay couples' wish for fatherhood
and unprejudiced midwife practice. I am wondering, if you are aware of any
reserch that studied midwives' views regarding homosexual couples. Above
all I wonder what midwives think about surrogacy as a possibility for gay
couples for creating a family.

My predisposition is that midwives should offer unprejudiced care for the
women that are surrogate mothers to the gay couples (based on the equality
that is stressed in the code of ethics for Slovenian midwives), however I
am aware that homosexuality in the culture in our country is still tabooed.
I am planning to do the research regarding the opinions about
homosexuality, gay fatherhood and surrogacy motherhood among midwives. I
could use your suggestions about the similar studies that were already
done. Every thought on that is welcome.

I'm thanking you for answer already in advance.

Best regards.

Petra Pristavec