I always feel like I’m swimming in treacherous waters whenever I try to
explain medieval liturgy. (In hopeless confusion, I dropped the medieval
liturgy course I took in grad school after three classes.) For an
undergraduate textbook I’m writing on medieval religion, I’ve drawn up a
short table laying out the components of a medieval mass. If any of you
savvy liturgy folks would be willing to vet it for me, will you private me
and I’ll send it along with great thanks?

Best,
John

John Shinners
Professor, Schlesinger Chair in Humanistic Studies
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, Indiana 46556
Phone: 574-284-4494 or 574-284-4534
Fax: 284-4855
www.saintmarys.edu/~hust

"Learn everything. Later you will see that nothing is superfluous." -- Hugh
of St. Victor (d. 1141)