From: Mandarin Chinese Teaching <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Theresa Munford <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 17 June 2015 17:07
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Tasks for year 9 British Museum visit

Hi, all

Thanks for that, Lily

We had a China Day at St Gregory's  last year on the theme of Blue and White.  One of the sessions was about blue and white as an example of global sharing. Attached is the powerpoint for one of the sessions which may be of interest/ use if you're doing the subject.

  The students  worked in groups (we had visiting Chinese students too, so the groups had about 3 British students and 3 Chinese, ) , they were given laminates of the pictures and the captions separately and had to try to decide what caption went with which picture and then place them in chronological order first.  Each team also had the quiz (see word document) to try to work out the answers on.  After that, the power point was shown.

  The local Museum (Museum of East Asian Art, Bath) brought porcelain objects for a handling session, and in other workshops students painted  blue and white plates (painting on paper plates) and iced cup cakes in blue and white with some of the students icing characters onto the cakes.
They seemed to enjoy it and it provoked quite a bit of discussion, sharing etc.
Theresa
Bath