We have a few places left...... booking closes today at 13.00.

Ken Chad Consulting Ltd Tel: +44(0)7788727845  http://www.kenchadconsulting.com Twitter: @kenchad Skype: kenchadconsulting

From: lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ken Chad
Sent: 28 May 2015 16:48
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Moving on from the UK Core Specification (for public libraries): 18th June event at CILIP

Library systems for public libraries: A new approach to specifying requirements: CILIP 18 June 10.30

REGISTER NOW. Go to https://libtechrfp.wikispaces.com/home

A meeting is being convened at CILIP on 18th June (10.30 to 12.30 ) to look at potential ways forward regarding a library system requirement . The UK Core Specification (UKCS) has been a great success but is now out of date. The UKCS requirements no longer meet the needs of public libraries or reflect the changes in the offerings from library system vendors. The initiative will focus on the needs of *public* libraries at this stage. The Gcloud arrangement for library management systems is up for renewal in 2016 so this is a good time for a review. The best way forward is not *necessarily* a new version of the UKCS -- the issues go wider.
The outline agenda is:
Background/Introduction/What is the problem we need to solve?
Potential solutions/approaches
Actions –what do we need to do-and who will do it?

Very best

Ken