Book by Monday 8th June to secure your place - use code INDJISC on booking form for a £30 saving
or book one get 25% off second delegate from same organization*

***   Apologies For Cross-Posting  ***

Indexing: Principles and Practice
Date: 23rd June 2015
Location: London
Course Leader: David Bawden
For more information visit http://www.aslib.com/training/courses/course.htm?eventid=9

Course details:

Indexing is of great importance in the digital age - information needs to be efficiently found from sources such as the internet or intranets. This course relates to all kinds of material and covers general principles of indexing, the indexing process, specific points of practice, the relations between indexing and other ways of analysing and denoting content.

On completing the course, you will be able to:

*  understand the principles of indexing, and the indexing process
*  understand the relationship between indexing and metadata creation
*  understand the value of controlled languages for indexing
*  understand the relation between indexing and other forms of subject analysis
*  be able to index different forms of material effectively
*  be able to create an indexing policy

Comments:

"I was impressed by the in depth knowledge about indexing from the speaker. David went into far more detail than I expected in terms of policy, studies etc."

*not to be used with any other discount

Sue Hill
Product Administrator (ASLIB Training)
Business & Product Innovation