Dear All,

On the occasion of the centenary of Italy's entrance into World War I and
the bicentenary of the end of the Napoleonic Wars, the 2015 Society for
Italian Studies Postgraduate Conference will be devoted to the the theme of
war within Italian culture. The conference, hosted by Royal Holloway,
University of London, will be held at the Italian Cultural Institute in
London on 6 November 2015.  The conference will include an
interdisciplinary roundtable discussion on the theme of war and conflict,
and will be followed by a keynote lecture by Dr Ruth Glynn (University of
Bristol)
<https://outlook.manchester.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?SURL=vWegXCmtFjdqzTULfbn2K7rlKdyhSFTVYxXVA0KGaHRRRF02LHfSCGgAdAB0AHAAOgAvAC8AdwB3AHcALgBiAHIAaQBzAC4AYQBjAC4AdQBrAC8AcwBtAGwALwBwAGUAbwBwAGwAZQAvAHIAdQB0AGgALQBzAC0AZwBsAHkAbgBuAC8AaQBuAGQAZQB4AC4AaAB0AG0AbAA.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.bris.ac.uk%2fsml%2fpeople%2fruth-s-glynn%2findex.html>.
Further details to be provided at a later date.

Please follow the link below for the call for papers, outlining the details
of the conference as well as the requirements for submitting an abstract:

http://italianstudies.org.uk/postgraduates/colloquium/

We warmly invite postgraduate students doing research in Italian studies to
submit a brief abstract (300 words) and a short biographical statement (50
words) for a paper of 20 minutes in duration.  Abstracts should be sent to
<https://outlook.manchester.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?SURL=zfObWcBBzmUq3X2mK7KJyhlCRc_0Qw9l3oavfdFAlSqxpV82LHfSCG0AYQBpAGwAdABvADoAUABHAC4AUwBJAFMAQwBvAG4AZgBlAHIAZQBuAGMAZQBAAHIAaAB1AGwALgBhAGMALgB1AGsA&URL=mailto%3aPG.SISConference%40rhul.ac.uk>
.

The deadline for abstracts is *18 September 2015*.

We look forward to reading your abstracts.

*Guido Bartolini, Michelle Clarabut and Umberto Famulari*
*SIS Post-Graduate Conference Committee* ([log in to unmask])
<https://outlook.manchester.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?SURL=zfObWcBBzmUq3X2mK7KJyhlCRc_0Qw9l3oavfdFAlSqxpV82LHfSCG0AYQBpAGwAdABvADoAUABHAC4AUwBJAFMAQwBvAG4AZgBlAHIAZQBuAGMAZQBAAHIAaAB1AGwALgBhAGMALgB1AGsA&URL=mailto%3aPG.SISConference%40rhul.ac.uk>
School of Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures
Royal Holloway, University of London