List
members may be interested in this event. For further information please email the organizers: <[log in to unmask]>

---

Subject: Gramsci Conference
Sent: 05 June 2015 16:01

Dear Gramsci Scholars,

We hope that you are looking forward to the conference as much as we are. There will be 45 early career Gramscians participating from 16 countries. The events includes 16 panels discussing themes such as "Neoliberalism as Passive Revolution?", "Culture, Literature and (Anti)Colonialism", "Gramsci's Philosophy and the Marxian Legacy".

Keynote speeches from established scholars include Fabio Frosini (Urbino) on "Time and Revolution in Gramsci's Prison Notebooks", Alex Loftus (KCL) on "Gramsci and Geography", and Peter Thomas (Brunel) on "We Good Subalterns: Gramsci's Theory of Political Modernity", as well as a round-table discussion on: "Past or Present: To what degree are Gramsci's concepts still relevant today?"

The latest version of the conference programme is now available on the blog: www.gramsciconference2015.blogspot.co.uk, and will be kept updated with any changes.

Cordially,
Francesca, Aaron, Lorenzo & Robert
Past & Present Organising Committee

********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: subscribe italian-studies YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: unsubscribe italian-studies to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/italian-studies