From: The Natural Science Collections Association discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ashby, Jack
Sent: 16 June 2015 12:50
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Crystal Palace Dinosaurs- Help Needed

And from the other side of the Grant Museum office...

For those in London who are fans of the Crystal Palace dinos, we have an event all about them next Tuesday, as part of the Grant Museum's Strange Creatures<http://www.ucl.ac.uk/museums/zoology/visit/exhibitions/strange-creatures> exhibition (which closes on 27th June):

DINOSAURS! Of Victorian London
Date: Tuesday 23rd June | Time: 6.30pm to 9pm | Location: J.Z. Young Theatre, Anatomy Building, University College London, Gower Street, WC1E 6BT | Price: Free | Age group: Adults

The Crystal Palace dinosaur models were unveiled in 1854 and took the world by storm starting the original Dinomania. These beastly models were the first anyone had ever seen of dinosaurs and left a lasting impression. Join historian of science and Strange Creatures co-curator Professor Joe Cain as he shares how these models, still on display today, were important in shaping the public's perceptions of dinosaurs. This event is followed by free drinks reception and a private view of the Strange Creatures<http://www.ucl.ac.uk/museums/zoology/visit/exhibitions/strange-creatures> exhibition.

This event is free, there is no need to book
Full details: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/museums/whats-on/#1337

All the best
Jack

Manager
Grant Museum of Zoology
UCL Public and Cultural Engagement
Rockefeller Building
London WC1E 6DE

020 3108 2052 (or 52052 from within UCL)

twitter.com/JackDAshby <http://twitter.com/JackDAshby>
twitter.com/GrantMuseum <http://twitter.com/GrantMuseum>

[15_MUS_StrangeCreatures_Ad_LDB_728x90px_3-1]<https://www.ucl.ac.uk/museums/zoology/visit/exhibitions/strange-creatures>