Hi

We’ve had lots of interest in this event. Thanks to everyone who has booked, it’ll be really lovely to meet you then.

The event on the 14th July though is now fully booked.

If you would like to come but haven’t managed to get a place we are holding another event on the 7th July 4pm to 6pm. Our partners Creative Islington are taking bookings for this event. We are directing it at schools but the content will be the same, and it will be a good chance to talk with teachers and arts organisations and get their perspective too.

You can book at http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/putting-the-wunder-back-into-the-wunderkammer-registration-17207697687?aff=es2

If you need more information about the event please see before.

Thanks

Rebecca

Rebecca Campbell-Gay

Heritage Education Officer

Islington Museum

In 2014-15 Islington Museum received funding from the Arts Council England to explore how museums and arts organisations could work in partnership to creatively re-imagine collections with young people. We oversaw 3 highly creative projects in local Islington secondaries using art and music to explore collections.

On the 7th July 4pm-6pm we’re holding a free, practical and creative skills sharing session educators at Islington Museum.  Wine and nibbles are provided.

In this event you will be able to

Attend two 30 minute artist-led practical workshops inspired by our project. You can choose from the following:

·         Exploring the postal past through mail art, led by All Change

·         Re-imagining a local history collection through music, led by musicians from the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment

·         Bringing an art collection to life for young people with Moderate Learning Difficulties, led by Cubitt Arts

At the end of each workshop, you’ll receive an ideas bank exploring how you could adapt these creative ideas for your setting.

You’ll also have the opportunity to put any questions to our panel of project partners, including the British Postal Museum and Archive, the Estorick Collection of Modern Italian Art, Cubitt, All Change and the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment.

Finally you’ll receive a copy of our Skills Sharing document to take home, including Case Studies of all our projects.

Do come along for an evening of refreshments, networking and creative inspiration.

This e-mail is intended for the addressee only. If you have received it in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer. Please be aware that information in this email may be confidential, legally privileged and/or copyright protected. + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + GEM list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask] For information about joining, leaving and suspending mail (eg during a holiday) see the list website at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=GEM + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +