Dear All,

I am preparing a description of the study of Greek and Latin in Germany
and the United States. As part of this task, I am analyzing the
composition of the professoriate -- an easier thing to do in Germany.

Right now I am analyzing the percentage of Professors in Germany who did
not get their PhD in the Germany. By Professor I mean holders of a
Lehrstuhl.
I am looking at the following three categories:

(1)  Lehrstuhlinhaber in Germany of Greek, Latin or Ancient History who
got their PhD in another university with the same language (e.g.,
Switzerland and Austria for Germany)
(2) Lehrstuhlinhaber in Germany of Greek, Latin or Ancient History who
got their PhD  in Europe outside of the German speaking world.
(3) Lehrstuhlinhaber in Germany of Greek, Latin or Ancient History who
got their PhD outside of Europe.

Please email me if you know of anyone who falls into these categories.
(I am cross-checking work that I have done already.)

Greg

PS. My starting point are the lists of chairs published at
http://www.kleinefaecher.de/graezistik/
http://www.kleinefaecher.de/latinistik/
http://www.kleinefaecher.de/alte-geschichte/

The lists above are quite up to date (I found only 6 cases out of 155
professors who needed to be added or updated).