Hi,

I am having some problems with Valine methyl labelling.

I am trying to import a NOESY peak list into a project. I already have assigned 13C HSQC and 15N HSQC spectra in the project.
The peak list is in ansig format.
The problem is that the Valine CG groups are getting confused.
In my original 13C HSQC the peaks are assigned correctly ie. CGa with HGa*  and CGb with CGb*.

However when I import in the new peak list and run link resonances the CGa and CGb get switched around, so peaks in the 13C HSQC which used to say CGa/HGa* now say CGb/HGa* and vice versa.

All the new NOESY Val peaks are also wrong, with HGa* linked to CGb not CGa and vice versa.

all I need to do is to switch the CGa and CGb resonances but when I try and do this through the resonances window (I have tried deassigning both the CG peaks, removing them from the spin system, reassigning the correct atom type and adding them back to the spin system) it just puts them back the wrong way again, its really frustrating!

The same thing was happening with the Leu Cda and Cdb but i managed to switch them around no problem in the resonances window.

I don't know what else to do, i'm not sure if I need to be running link resonances with a different setting (at the moment I have the default settings but with make methyl protons equivalent unticked)

I know that the peaks are right in the ansig peak list i'm importing, so it must be something to do with the link resonances i guess?

Please let me know any ideas you have and if i can give any more information

Thanks

Eve Blumson