With apologies for cross-posting.

2015 - 'Limits and Margins'

The deadline for submission of abstracts for the next Research Student Conference at the University of Roehampton entitled 'Limits and Margins' has been extended. We welcome abstracts from research students across all areas of research until 8th July 2015.

We are delighted to announce our confirmed Keynote Speakers for this event:
Dr Paul Bowman, Cardiff University
Dr John Moxon, University of Roehampton

'Limits and Margins', the next Research Student Conference will be held on 10 September 2015, in Gilbert Scott Lecture Theatre at Whitelands College, University of Roehampton. We are currently welcoming submissions from research students (MPhil and PhD), which relate to theme of ‘Limits and Margins’.

As researchers, we may sometimes feel constrained by the parameters of our disciplines and the associated theoretical and methodological frameworks. Perhaps, though, it is those very limits, which challenge and push us to infringe upon boundaries and work in the margins. What are the consequences of our choices? How do our choices impact the research process? Is it really possible to violate authorised boundaries? Have limits and boundaries changed over time? What can’t research do? And what about those who participate in research – is it them who are marginalised and forced to work on the periphery?

We welcome all forms of presentation, whether it is a traditional conference paper, performance or poster. If you are interested in presenting your work (research proposals, work-in-progress or completed work), please send an abstract (250 words maximum) and a short biography (100 words maximum) to [log in to unmask]

Thank you.

Judith Rifeser (on behalf of the Roehampton Research Student Organising Committee)