Tracy Deakin, archivist at St John's College, said it was not uncommon for long-forgotten historical documents to resurface.

She said: "This sort of discovery is a lot more typical than people might think.

"A couple of generations back, archivists did a very different type of job and would not have been able to command the same kind of accessible detail about everything in their archive in the way that we can now."

http://bit.ly/1GHoZjE
http://bit.ly/1GHoZjE+

--
Peterk