Given that people may be in the area I thought I would post details of a workshop I am running a few days before the APHE Conference.

It takes place on June 27th in Cromford, Derbyshire. Just 27 Miles from Nottingham.

The Course is about using SmartPhones to produce News or Short stories for use on the web. More details can be found here http://martinshakeshaft.com/blog/?page_id=683

Who is the course for?
Anyone with a desire to tell stories. The smartphone that most people carry in their pockets, is a capable tool for creating and publishing news media. News organisations and individuals with a story to tell, are realising they have the potential to reach a huge audience on the internet. Photographers, videographers, Journalists, activists, students, just about anyone really!

Will the course be practical or a look at the technology?
Whilst we will be looking at gear and apps, the emphasis will definitely be on getting out there and doing it! Practical sessions will be geared towards your experience level.

Who is running the course?
Martin Shakeshaft MA is a Senior Lecturer in Photography and Visual Journalism at De Montfort University. During his thirty year career as a photographer his clients have included, BBC; Channel 4 Television; Dispatches; S4C; The Economist; The Daily Mirror; The Independent; Newsweek Magazine and many others. He is also a lecturer for the legendry ‘Photographers Place’ and teaches on RPS courses.

Where will the course be held?
The course will take place at the beautiful, Cromford Mill, in the Derbyshire Peak District. It is a few miles away from Matlock. Here it is on Google Maps There is a train connection from Derby and a wide range of accommodation available in the area. This was the first water-powered cotton spinning mill developed by Richard Arkwright in 1771 and is a Grade One listed building. More information can be found here.

How much will it cost?
£85 So that everyone gets the attention they need there is a limit of 12 places. So please book early.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Martin

Martin Shakeshaft
Photographer (NUJ) / Senior Lecturer De Montfort University
t: +44 (0) 789 999 7237
e: [log in to unmask]
b: www.martinshakeshaft.com/blog