We built our map in-house a couple of years ago, using a combination of
Google Maps, OpenStreetMap, TileMill and Google Spreadsheets.

You can see the map here: http://www.york.ac.uk/about/maps/campus/

And here are a couple of blog posts about how it works:

   -
   http://yorkwebteam.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/behind-scenes-of-our-new-map.html
   - http://yorkwebteam.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/mapping-with-tilemill.html

Cheers

Paul

--
*Paul Kelly*
User Experience and Design Officer

Find out what we're working on: Team blog
<http://yorkwebteam.blogspot.co.uk/> | @UoYDigital on Twitter
<https://twitter.com/UoYDigital>

CMS and web content help: Web CMS guide
<https://wiki.york.ac.uk/display/webcmsguide/Web+CMS+Guide+-+Overview>