On 11/05/2015 08:23, "Adrian Tribe" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

There is a desire to redevelop the map feature on our site, and the person charged with
investigating this rather likes ones that she has seen that have rollovers and info boxes
popping up etc.  The example she really likes is Flash-based, but none of the ones I’ve
seen that use either OpenStreetMap or Google Maps have been quite so, er, flashy, if
you’ll forgive the pun.  Can anyone point me to some really good examples that don’t
use Flash?

I suppose it depends on whether it’s purpose is to be a vanity feature that no-one uses, but gets wheeled out to show some shiny or a map that is actually of benefit in finding one’s way around a campus.

The warwick one is one of the best I’ve seen, but I can’t help thinking that online interactive campus maps tend to be a solution in search of a problem. A problem that is probably better solved by decent real world way finding and signage.

Hope that isn’t too negative – I do have fond memories of the one we did in flash. Flash site of the day in 2002!

--
Kevin Mears
Senior Web Designer

Tel │Ffôn: 01443 4 82446