If Sakai is returning the memberships in an odd fashion, that can be sorted. I'd be surprised though, seeing as Chuck Severance wrote all that service stuff. Something may have gone awry in the move to LTI2. If Stephen can inspect the XML I'll fix it on the Sakai side.

Cheers,
Adrian.

On 8 May 2015 at 16:37, Stephen P Vickers <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I have never tested this service against a Sakai platform.  If you have the opportunity to send a copy of the XML being returned from the service request direct to my email address I would appreciate inspecting it form any differences which need adjusting for.

Stephen

On 08/05/2015 11:32, Jon Higham wrote:
Thanks. I think sakai is calling membership "members". I've made a change and can sync the users now.

However, staff in sakai are coming through as students - but this shouldn’t be too difficult to work out.

Thanks again.

Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen P Vickers [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 08 May 2015 15:45
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: webpa2 LTI sakai

Does your Sakai server support the unofficial membership service extension as documented at:

    http://developers.imsglobal.org/ext_membership.html

Stephen

On 08/05/2015 10:40, Jon Higham wrote:
I’ve downloaded the lti module and am using it to link to sakai.
However, when accessing webpa in sakai, I select Sync Data->Continue
and get this error:

*Warning*: Creating default object from empty value in
*/opt/lampp/htdocs/webpa/mod/lti/admin/manage/index.php* on line *304*

And I’m informed:

Unable to access memberships list from source, please try again later.

Although the sakai site and current user is added to webpa, the sakai
site’s roster is not uploaded into webpa. If I change the sakai
settings so that the roster is not sent, I lose the sync data option.
So it seems that webpa is getting some things from sakai. The problem
seems to be that the function doMembershipsService in
LTI_Tool_provider.php is not retrieving the sakai roster, but I don’t know how to fix it.

I have set the DEFAULT_EMAIL referred to on line 304 in settings.php,
but it has  made no difference.

Can anyone help or suggest anything?

Thanks

*Jon Higham*

Application Support and Development Analyst University of Hull Hull,
HU6 7RX, UK http://www.hull.ac.uk/
01482 465734

To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to
http://www2.hull.ac.uk/legal/disclaimer.aspx