Learning Designer
UN1705
£32,377 - £36,309
Full time, fixed term
Closing date: 24 June 2015
http://go.alt.ac.uk/1cljmJP

As part of its ambitious Learning and Teaching Plan, the University of Northampton has identified the need to re-design, in the short term, a diverse portfolio of academic programmes across its six schools for global online and blended delivery. The post holders will primarily support academic course teams to achieve this objective.

The key responsibility of this role is to facilitate targeted, high-impact interventions for staff. These will include two day intensive course design workshops, known as ‘CAIeRO’ (Creating Aligned Interactive educational Resource Opportunities), or ‘Carpe Diem’, as well as one-to-one and small group sessions. These sessions will use well-researched processes that help academic course teams to consider the design of their courses, and incorporate learning technologies to their pedagogical approach in effective, innovative ways. CAIeROs may be run either as part of an initiative to refresh or change the delivery mode of an existing programme, or as part of the introduction of an entirely new one.

Applicants will have a successful record of collaborative programme and course design and delivery at UG and / or  PG levels and for different modes of study (campus-based, online, blended). With experience in the facilitation of staff development workshops and events, they will be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of the current thinking and developments in learning and teaching, including innovative programme design. They will have an evidence-based track record of using appropriate learning technologies in learning, teaching and assessment for different modes of study. Applicants should be confident in presenting complex ideas about online learning and innovation to diverse audiences

Further information: contact Rob Howe ([log in to unmask]) or Ale Armellini ([log in to unmask])

Interview Date:  Monday 6 July 2015

This is an exciting time to join our University as we prepare to relocate to a new state of the art, vibrant, town centre campus in 2018. We are looking to recruit individuals who share our passion for innovation, creativity and social impact and who will play a key role as we realise our ambition of TRANSFORMING LIVES + INSPIRING CHANGE.

Rob Howe MBA, MSc, SFHEA, CMALT, University Teaching Fellow

Head of Learning Technology

Library and Learning Services

The University of Northampton

The Library, Park Campus, Boughton Green Road, Northampton NN2 7AL, United Kingdom

T +44 (0)1604 892483 (personal) +44 (0)1604 892696 (office)

Skype: rob.howe4

Twitter: @rjhowe (personal) @LearnTechUoN (team)

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-howe/5/a14/b26

Learning Technology - http://www.northampton.ac.uk/learntech