So glad this has tickled VAR-Lers as I'd hoped, even if in an unexpected direction.
Any tickling is good tickling.

As for the beeb's standards, the Australian article was from BBC Worldwide, which is
a quite separate beast (profit-making, international, not funded by the licence fee).
Perhaps an interesting comparative analysis to be done on how the capitalist pursuit
of internet traffic drives editorial standards ;)

Dave

--
Dr. Dave Sayers
Senior Lecturer, Dept Humanities, Sheffield Hallam University