Dear Jesper, Marko and any user of the "realign and unwarp" function,

I need your help to improve my understanding of the "realign and unwarp" function of SPM.

We know that there is voxel displacement of fMRI series in some area (particularly orbitofronal areas) due to static B0 inhomogeneity.

Does the "realign and unwarp" function permits to correct spatial position of voxels in these areas or it permits only to correct the motion*B0 interaction (Movement-by-susceptibility-distortion interaction)?

In other word, does this algo permits to compensate displacement variability between subjects due to different head position in the scanner? Or is it useful only for within subject motion*B0 interaction correction?

Michael Mouthon