Von: Zeidman, Peter [[log in to unmask]]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 20. Mai 2015 17:59
An: André Schmidt; [log in to unmask]
Betreff: RE: outliers in B parameters after BMA

Dear André,

It is reassuring that you get a similar pattern of families in each group and model 2 has the highest log model evidence in each group. However, I don’t think the evidence is strong enough to call this a “winning model” or “winning family”. (A log evidence difference of 3 between models or families is equivalent to 95% probability of a difference – yours is much less than this.) It is not surprising, therefore, that your subjects have varying parameter estimates.

I didn’t understand your sentence regarding negative values and log transformation.

Perhaps you should revisit your ROI selection, task modelling and DCM model setup to work out why your families didn’t have a strong difference in evidence?

Best,